Let’s face it, we are not all perfect. One of the problems some of us face every day is with our skin. Of course, we are all different, so we have different skin problems, which must be treated differently.
Once in awhile, your skin must be given special attention. By that I mean, sometimes we have to add an extra step/product to our skin care routine to take care of a problem that we may have.
We cannot use makeup to cover every thing (trust me, I’ve tried) and that may create more problems; we should focus more on preventing and curing the problems first and foremost.
Here are some of the most common skin care problems, and the best solutions for them.
Quite a number of teenagers, as well as adults, have to face the dreaded acne problem and with my oily skin, this is an ongoing issue for me. It could be the high level of stress, hormonal changes, or too much sweating, eating habits–all can contribute to acne.
You may have heard somewhere to wash and clean your face often to get rid of acne but that won’t help much. However, you can start with cleansing the area with a cleanser formulated for acne; hands off…no touching or picking…this will leave scars and then you have something else to worry about. Also, keep away from oil-based products, rich concealers or use mineral ones, a slight dust of powder would do fine on your face. Heavy makeup could be more irritating while suffering from acne and could worsen the condition….as a matter of fact, stay away from make up…unless you really must…then try Clinique. Still, visiting a dermatologist is an ideal solution–if acne gets out of control.
My Recommended Products:
I tend to find a acne kit and use that and Clinque has a make up formulated for acne. Check out my top picks:
- Murad 30 Day Acne Starter Kit – This four piece set will give you clearer skin in no time…this works wonders. The oil-control mattifier removes all the oil from my face—all day. The Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treament is great for over night use…wake up pimple free.
- Clinque Ance Solutions Clear Skin System Starter Kit – Before I was introduced to Murad, this was my product. This three piece set is a great starter kit, which includes cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize. With this you would be on your way to clear skin–in no time.
- Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup – If you must wear make up, Clinique is what I use. Available in both liquid and powder. Acne Solutions treats acne, is non-irritating, oil-free, and its helps blends blemishes
You can find Murad and Clinique products online at Amazon.com, Ulta, or Sephora.
Of course, today’s lifestyle is based on too much exertion and less resting hours, but you cannot let your skin get affected by this. What causes dark circles and/or puffiness to appear are inappropriate eating habits, high levels of stress, lack of sleep and dehydration. I cannot tell you how important getting enough rest is. If you don’t, no amount of eye care products will help.
To start with, find yourself time to sleep. Start eating fresh food and avoid eating at the wrong times. Drink lot and lots of water during the day. Most importantly as a home remedy, you can sit back on the couch at your home and treat your eyes with cold wet tea bags (used) or cold cucumber slices. Putting either of the substances on your eyes for about 10 minutes and then washing your face off will make you feel refreshed and also in a week’s time you will see the dark circles fading away.
My Recommended Products:
Again, my go to product for eyes? Clinique! I have problems sleeping and without the two products below, It would show…we can’t have that.
- Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector – With this product, you will see dark cirles starting to fade real soon.
- Clinique All About Eyes Reduces Puffs, Circles – This one not only get rid of the dark circles, but it also reduces puffiness.
The most common problem that people with fair complexion face…sunburn. The UV radiations destroy the radiance of your skin, leaving it dry, red and burned.
The true effective solution to this problem is taking precautionary measures. As it is said, ‘prevention is better than cure’, so better not to leave without wearing a sunscreen and when you’re back indoors, moisturize your skin. Also, try your best to put on full clothes so that very few areas of your skin are exposed to the sun. Alright, so nobody is perfect, so here are some things to do if you do get sunburn.
- Cool it down and fast – take a dip in the pool, take a shower or bath…but not for too long
- Use a moisturizer, try to stay away from oils, that can make the burn worse
- To prevent dehydration, drink lots of fluids..water, coconut water, or sports drinks are all great choices
- If sun poisoning is suspected, consult a Medical Professional.
My Recommended Product:
- Organic Aloe Vera Gel by Sky Organics – This is a moisturizer and a cooling gel all in one.
Dry or Sensitive Skin
Many people have dry and/or sensitive skin. This can get worse during the winter months. Dry skin means itchy skin, which is excessively irritating….ugh!
To get rid of dry skin get yourself the best kind of moisturizing creams enriched with minerals that suit your skin type. You can take advice from a skin specialist if necessary. Other than creams, skin oil would be a great help too. Moisturizing creams are best for face and hands while oil is the best solution for dry body skin, give your body an oil massage before bath. If you have dry/sensitive skin, stay away from products with perfumes or dyes because this will only irritate the skin further, causing redness or worse.
My Recommended Products:
- Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Cream – I use this cream on my daughters, both have eczema and very dry irritated skin. This cream works wonders.
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant – The product is dermatologist recommended, and it will restore healthy skin and relieve irritation. This is another product that my entire family uses for skin, lips, and feet.
Tell us which product you use? Have you tried any of the above products? Share with us.