So you know we all show off our hands when our nails look absolutely gorgeous.
With so many new trends every year, there is so many ways to beautify your nails, don’t let your cuticle problems, hangnails, nail biting, money, or time get in the way of having beautiful nail…and showing them off.
The best part is with so many products on the market, you don’t even have to go to the nail salon to get the look you want…nail polishes, nail wraps, and nail care can be done at home and for less.
No need to hide your hands anymore…wave them all you want…speak with your hands…go ahead…If your nails look awesome then your hands would automatically look appealing.
Following is a brief guide to help you with nail care.
One of the quickest…easiest …inexpensive ways to beautify your nails is to simply add some color. Now don’t just add the color, I would recommend giving yourself a manicure first. If you don’t have a manicure kit, you can get one anywhere, even at your local drug store. Here is one that I recommend (and NOT because its my favorite color, RED).
Don’t forget that applying nail polish takes practice…so practice. I have messed up my nails many times, and I am almost a pro at it. Let’s have a look at some of the tips for applying…playing with the nail polishes.
- Always apply a base coat on your nails and allow it to dry. By using a base coat, the actual nail paint appears more prominent and opaque. Moreover, the base coat safeguards the nails from the stains of nail polish
- It’s best to apply the nail color on the whole nail in only three strokes and not more. For an exclusive quality look, put on two coats of nail polish, letting each coat dry first. This means, three strokes of nail polish for each coating
- The majority of female start fidgeting just when they’re done applying nail polish. But you don’t have to do that at any cost. Sit with your hands still, allowing the nail polish to dry up completely..,Don’t touch it every 60 seconds. Once dried, apply cuticle oil over the cuticles to finish off the look
- Try a quick-dry polish. You can try Sally Hansen Inst-Dri Nail Polish…many colors to choose from
- Don’t forget a top coat
- Try a quick-dry top coat (I have very little patience, so these are a must for me). This will prevent chipping, and the top coat will dry to a glossy finish. You can try Sally Hansen Big Kwik Dry Top Coat
As you can image, I am a Sally Hansen Kinda of girl
What to do when your nails are not in the right shape and length for the coming party? That’s when nail wraps come into play. Nail wraps (silk or fiberglass) add beauty to your natural nails, strengthening, enhancing and at times lengthening them too. What has to be taken care of using nail wraps? Here’s one for you to try.
- Before application, the nail surface must be silky smooth. You can buff your nail surface just in case.
- You must read the instructions fully on the wrapped package before opening it. Make sure your hands are not oily when you’re dealing with the adhesive layer of nail wrap.
- No need to rush in. Be very careful and take your time. Slowly attach it to your nail and smooth out the corners with your fingertips. To file the excess wrap, the best essential would be a glass file. If you don’t have that, then a soft buffer would do.
To keep your nails in perfect shape and shine the following tips would be of great help:
- Wash your hands with a milky hand cleanser and avoid the harsh soaps; I prefer antibacterial hand wash.
- Moisturize and massage your nails and cuticles before sleeping to give them a glossy and healthy look. Use lotion/cuticle oil or more specifically avocado or almond oil.
- Trim your nails on a regular basis. Clipping every two weeks would aid in their proper growth too if you’re a long nail lover. Never cut the cuticles. They are the protective shield for your nails against infectious bacteria.
- Wear gloves when doing dishes, gardening or any other task that could possibly be unhealthy for the nails. If you struggle with nail breakage then it’s better to keep short and neat nails when you know you cannot manage long nails. to combat nail breakage, Sally Hansen has a great product called Sally Hansen Maximun Growth (you put it on your nails everyday). Can be worn alone or as a base and top coat. This is a product that I have used since I was a teenager ( I am still a nail biter)
- For smoother nails, always carry a nail file with you in your handbag and deal with the rough edges and cuts there and then.
- Give your nails a break from nail polishes, nail art, and nail wraps. Save the opulence for the special occasions or at least the weekend outings. Just like your body and your hair, your nails also need to repair. Frequent nail art would result in yellow, dry and weak nails.
Other Ways to Beautify Your Nails
- Nail Polish Strips
- Gel Polish
- Nail Stickers
No doubt the hands look prettier when the finger nails are looking fabulous! Just as you reward your body with food and water, your hair with shampoo and conditioner and your skin with cream and masks, treat your nails too with the tips shared with you.
How do you take care of your nails at home? Please share with us.